Feb 10, 2015

Making a house for our new hamsters, Acorn&Popcorn

First I designed it.
I made the whole frame first and then filled the frame with boxes and stairs
so they are all easy to wash and clean.
I also drew the furniture in so I know how much space I have.



Ordered acrylic sheets in Korea and brought it over here to LA.
Some were broken in the suitcase :(

Most importantly the acrylic shop failed my order this time.
The size, thickness and color, etc. almost nothing was as I ordered.
It was hard at first but I managed to build it somehow.

Also because I couldn't travel on the plane with the glue which is very toxic,
I had to get it over here in L.A. and it was quite a challenge.
Even acrylic shop didn't have a proper container for this particular glue.


Put them together as planned











I ordered the dome separately and put it together with the sheet.








A marble bed for summer







Now wood parts.









Now doors.





Doors closed.


went out and got some beddings.


We adopted Popcorn and Acorn from a pet shop.
We signed papers and everything we are now their 엄마아빠ㅋ
The car ride must have been stressful for them.


With the bedding