Jan 17, 2014

2.Claude Monet(모네) : Painter of Light

Oscar Claude Monet
14 November 1840-5 December 1926
France
I read that he had a hard time getting a recognition from Academy or people
because his paintings were far from realism or histories.
So I guess when people called Monet and other friends of his, "Impressionist",
It was sort of in a way of mocking I guess.
But people named this kind of painting, expressing light, Impressionism
and it is derived from the title of Monet's painting
"Impression, Sunrise" below



His paintings are breath taking.
They are alive and they are powerful.
I get so overwhelmed with just one painting that if I were to
look at more than few a day, I might explodeㅋㅋ 
Unfortunately, I don't appreciate his changing styles&techniques and his late works.
Here are some of the works of Monet I like.